Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday night fun post

I've been working on a few posts but have to still mull them over and work a bit more on them before posting. In the meantime, since it's time to let your hair down for the weekend, here are a few fun pics of the cakes I have attempted and sometimes have even completed with success. I'll post more cakes on my Pinterest pinboard so check them out there too!

Movie popcorn cupcakes

I created the popcorn buckets by printing off stripes on my computer and printing off a clip art retro "Pop Corn" label. The popcorn is mini marshmallows snipped once or twice on one end to look popped corn kernels. Yellow food colouring was added to water and painted on with a brush and left to dry.



Moshi Monster cupcakes
These were made recently for my daughter's 10th birthday. Her and her friends play Moshi Monsters online and collect these little guys, so I thought her girlfriends would like picking out their favourite characters to eat! We (my usual cake decorating and birthday party crew: my husband and my sister) hand modeled the Moshlings out of Duff Goldman's pre-made buttercream fondant - far and away the best premade fondant to work with (and eat too)!


Yo Gabba Gabba!
It's DJ Lance, DJ Lance, DJ Lance Rock!


I did not bake this cake, but I did scrape off the tacky store icing and replace it with this Ode to DJ Lance Rock of Yo Gabba Gabba! - my daughter's favourite show (and one of my favourites too). Who can resist a grown man in an orange jumper with fun fur orange hat to match?



Fairy Toadstool Cottage
This was decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant. It's easy to make but after using the premade fondant, I find it a lot more difficult to handle mostly because of the stretchiness of it due to the marshmallows.

Check out my Homemade Cakes by Nancy pinboard for more photos and more cakes!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! no wonder people asks you to make their cake!
    France

    ReplyDelete