Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yummy Summer Bevvie: The Chill Pink Lady

Yes, I did name this myself. :-)

I see a cool pitcher of this in my future:

• 2L Cooled passion tea (Starbucks loose tea bags - the big ones!)

• Juice from half a lime (or to taste)

• Sugar, simple syrup or artificial sweetener*, to taste.

• Vodka, I guess this would also be to taste, however, I would recommend about 4 or 5 oz. per litre of iced tea

• Lime wedges or slices to float in the tea.

*Sugar makes hangovers worse. Using artificial sweetener instead can help with that!

Add ice to the pitcher when you are ready to serve, but be careful not to water down the tea too much. You could also brew the tea stronger (more tea bags, not steeped longer) to compensate for ice being added later. For 1 L of tea, I recommend 3 tea bags, steeped for about 4 or 5 minutes. Keep checking on it - you don't want the tea to be too strong and therefore too bitter. If you prefer a stronger taste, add another tea bag rather than steeping longer.

Mint leaves would also be a nice addition to the tea flavours.

Enjoy! Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Post it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment